Tally.ERP 9 delivers the entire purchase cycle whether the need is the complete purchase order – goods receipt – rejections & returns – advances, debits & payments or a single payment entry, fulfilling all needs.
To ensure that you have the right stocks and minimise carrying costs, Tally.ERP 9 delivers the following to improve purchase orders:
- Define Re-order levels as a definite number or based on consumption
- Define minimum quantity to order as a definite number or based on consumption
- Pull up a report that shows the stock position, including complete details of open purchase orders, sales orders that need to be fulfilled – check on past purchase history, and then place orders
- Optionally stagger delivery dates in the PO
When receiving goods:
- Make entries in accordance with supporting documentation, including errors your suppliers could have made (say of multiplication & round off)
- Incorporate additional costs
- Automatically manage input taxes
- Flexibility allows receipt of goods, quantities and rates different from that ordered – since this is common in real life
- Record samples & free items (using different ‘actual’ & ‘billed’ quantities)
- Multiple receipts for one order or one receipt for multiple orders, or against verbal orders In case there is a need to add other costs (say coolie and cartage) these additional charges can be apportioned to the cost of goods purchased. Supplied goods may not match your needs and these are managed by the ‘Rejections Out’ inventory voucher. Supplier dues, input taxes and inventory positions are updated. Suppliers often indicate likely profits, which may not be met. In case such assurances are made, you can look at Item profitability reports, and get the facts right. You could then negotiate a rebate and record this as a debit note. Keep tabs of how much is due to whom, when. Manage advances, payables & post dated checks. Ensure there are no errors in payments – print checks from Tally.ERP 9.
STOCK QUERY FROM INVOICE
ABSOLUTE CLARITY WHILE RAISING INVOICES…!
You are in the process of raising an invoice with the customer in front of you when you are suddenly struck with a doubt. The all new Stock Query option in Tally.ERP 9 generates information pertaining to Stock items with a single click. Since it happens on-the-fly, you can check your facts while you still have the invoice open, and complete the transaction for the customer. Decision-making has been taken to a new level!
QUICK DECISIONS MEAN HAPPY CUSTOMERS
The information you can access covers purchase cost, selling price and even last discounts offered against a particular item, giving you a complete picture and enabling you to make an appropriate decision when you raise the invoice. It also helps you to choose from available substitutes or items of similar nature, so you don’t have to send the customer away empty-handed. The flexibility to view the contact details of your vendor or customer is an added advantage. Moreover, information about the latest purchases and sales can be viewed in an instant, and the warehouse where such stock is available can also be easily located. In addition, the Stock Query also provides statutory information, Reorders details, and Price List specified for the selected Stock item.
The enhanced Stock Query report comprises of the following information:
- Last Purchased details along with recent Purchase transactions
- Last Sales Details along with recent Sales transactions
- Applicable Standard Selling price & Costing Method
- Warehouse / Location or Batch details
- Stock items of similar group/category