More than one user having access to Tally.ERP 9 and you begin to think ‘control’ – what are different users allowed to do. Some questions that arise are – Can user ‘A’ be allowed to make voucher alterations? Is he/she allowed to enter back-dated vouchers? Should he/she be allowed to print reports?
Tally.ERP 9 security works on this concept – everything is open by default (full access). You progressively ‘lock-down’ the system as the need arises. We believe that this mimics real-life functionality. To simplify the use of this system, you can define standard sets of rights and use these as stencils for specific users – adding or removing rights for that user, if required.
Once you open your company for Tally.NET remote access, you can apply the same level of control to such users – a Tally.NET Identity (ID) is added in exactly the same way as the ‘normal’ user.
Other requirements are also covered:
- Administrators can be denied data access! This stems from our understanding that IT & System administrators (if you do have them, this is not a requirement for Tally. ERP 9), typically, need access to the system and not to business data. Now administrators can get access to all features of the Control Centre, the enterprise-wide control point, and be hands off from operating on business data.
- You may have some data that requires an enhanced level of access control – you can specify a password that must be provided to even open the company. This is implemented with a secure encryption method and renders the data useless to anyone who manages to get a copy of the data files.
- Unencrypted data may need protection against casual theft. With Tally.ERP 9 you can specify that data is not accessible locally via an Education version.
- You might have customised and extended Tally.ERP 9 to deliver certain proprietary business capabilities: you might not like these to be available to others or ‘leaked’. With Tally.ERP 9, you can limit access to specific Tally.ERP 9 serial numbers, and even restrict access from Educational versions.
- Almost all security and access needs are covered by default. In case you require additional controls (say, suppliers are to be given remote access only to their respective accounts), these are customizable – contact your Tally.ERP 9 dealer or look up a Tally Service Partner.